Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What are you going to do this week to celebrate beautiful YOU? ;-)

Ladies, you are awesome!  Your remarks are genuine and authentic, not superficial at all and I am inspired by your thoughts and actions.

I have committed to being nice to me this week by not pushing myself so hard and just believing that everything will be ok...one day at a time.  My husband and I are going out to lunch tomorrow to a new vegetarian restaurant.  I typically only make lunch appts with clients and friends and do not make time for  the two of us, it feels good to me and I know he appreciates it too.  In addition to this, I am making a concerted effort to surround myself with positive people who bring light and happiness in to my life and minimize my interactions with those that tend to bring me down (which is typically followed by an eating episode), even if they are clients.
Here's to our beautiful selves....cheers!
the other Cindy ;-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today for work I dressed in an attractive outfit that I don't wear often enough --- instead of the usual jeans. I felt so much more professional and that others would be more likely to take me seriously. I think they did.

Unknown said...

I didn't mean for that last comment to be anonymous. It was from me -- Janine.

Anonymous said...

Donna B.

Today I packed three legal boxes of files and can see a good part of the floor. And oh boy I notice it right away when I walk in my office, it makes feel good and inspires me to want to do more. I had a really good early work out at the gym, 4pm vs 8pm. I took a nice long steam, nice papering showering with a salt scrub. Pampering for me also means just taking time for myself because so many months I worked 6 days a week 12 hours a day. I'm trying to have fun. Last weekend was fun running in the rain for the Krispy Creme challenge, cooking and having a party on sunday. I enjoyed looking at everyones drawing in class thanks to all the artists for sharing. Picasso watch out. Celebrating me as woman seeking living life joyfully.

Marty said...

I am still trying to get the hang of this. I posted a comment, but it ended up on the other page.

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I can feel your enthusiasm and it motivates me.

Unknown said...

Day two -- another attractive outfit, professional shoes, jewelry. Tomorrow I'm going to call to get that laser treatment on the scar on my ankle. How many years have I been thinking about that? 10?

jking56 said...

Not good at this but finally learned how to post comments. I have been eating healthier and learning what I need to fuel my body. I am doing this to honor myself not for anyone else. I also got a refund from a refi we just did. Don't know how yet, but I am going to use it myself instead of for everyone else!

The Irreverent Yogini said...

Hi Everyone
There are enough of you that want to continue on for an additional 2 weeks, so it's a go! I am excited to hear about how you all have been celebrating yourselves this week. See you Monday!
Cyndi

sandy said...

I really enjoyed the restorative yoga class today, I feel so rejuvenated, thanks Cyndi! I bought some flowers: tulips and daffodils and even bought a bird feeder yesterday. I guess this warmer weather has me yearning for Spring. I really wanted to surround myself with beauty! I too have been enjoying some new food choices. I recently discovered some vegan cookies at Whole Foods and allowed myself to thoroughly savor and enjoy them without guilt or deprivation! Also, I was able to go to bed earlier and sleep through the night a couple times this week, woke up very refreshed before my alarm clock went off!

I have been reading a great book by Marianne Williamson, "A Course in Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons to surrendering your weight forever " I have found it very helpful with this class in making the mind-body-spirit connection. Here is a quote from Amazon in describing the book:
"The 21 lessons in this book will take you on a deep, sacred journey. One step at a time, you will learn to shift your relationship with yourself—and your body—from one of fear to one of love. And you will begin to integrate the various parts of yourself—mind, body, and spirit—to become, once again, and in all ways, the beautiful and peaceful person you were created to be."


Love, Sandy